Business Insider released their latest market research report on Mobile Technology trends for 2013. As always, it’s full of great insights.
Here are my key takeaways:
- Publishers will need to design for tablet consumption
- There should be an increased focus on localization, particularly for developing countries (Brazil, Russia, India, and China) and on the Android platform.
- The bulk of mobile revenue is still in games and entertainment
- Mobile advertising (both advertisers and publishers) will see a massive jump as traditional forms of media adopt.
- The mobile ad industry is incredibly fragmented and will need to consolidate in order to reach the smaller long-tail publishers.
- Mobile video ads and location based ads will have higher CPMs as compared to existing formats.
- Mobile is changing how ecommerce is conducted, primarily through increased engagement and streamlined payments.