As a followup to my last post on reality distortion fields, how can an employee counteract such influence? The solution is to control expectations with the following:
- Define your evaluation criteria. This must be quantitative measure
- Assign weights to importance of criteria
- Avoid ambiguous evaluation procedures such as short form and survey feedback
- Incorporate multilateral perspectives
- Avoid irrelevant information such as physical image, ethnicity etc
- Insist that decisions are made through calculation, not intuition.